About The Brand
The brand was founded in 1883 by Alpinist’s that wanted to make the most robust watch for the outdoors. They made the first anti-shock, anti-magnetic, stainless steel & waterproof. Alpina’s manufacture is in Geneva, Switzerland. With more than 130 years of watch making, Alpina’s mission is to design and engineer luxury sport watches that operate with the greatest precision and reliability possible in the most demanding sport environments.
Alpina’s collections are the Startimer collection, which feature all pilot watches. The Alpiner collection features all outdoor adventure models and the Seastrong collection feature the diving models.
- 1890 – First Alpina Manufacture Calibers
- 1921 – Alpina is the official supplier of time instruments for military pilots
- 1969 – Launch of the Alpina Diver 10 Seastrong
- 2002 – Peter & Aletta Stas (of Frederique Constant) purchase Alpina and relaunch the brand
- 2009 – Alpina produces a Tourbillion for the first time
- 2012 – Alpina produces a Worldtimer
- 2015 – The launch of the Alpina Horological Smartwatch
- 2017 – The brand introduces Heritage pieces for both the Startimer & Seastrong collections
- 2018 – The AlpinerX is introduced. A connected watch with features such as UV indicator, GPS, barometer and temperature